Taft Privacy and Data Security Practice Group attorneys Diane D. Reynolds and Matthew D. Lawless are attending the annual International Association of Privacy Professionals (“IAPP”) Global Privacy Summit 2015 in Washington, D.C. on March 4-6. The IAPP is a comprehensive body of resources, knowledge and experts that provide the groundwork to navigate the complex landscape of today’s data-driven world.
Both Reynolds and Lawless hold the Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (“CIPP/US”) credential, the global standard in privacy certification, through the IAPP. Lawless also holds the Certified Information Privacy Manager (“CIPM”) credential. They look forward to meeting clients and colleagues at the Summit.
The Summit, attended by over 3,000 top thinkers and industry professionals, features a series of keynote-style discussions.
- FTC Enforcement
- The Right to Be Forgotten—Competing Interests and Cultural Divides
- Alternative View of Privacy
- Your Life on Your Phone: Healthcare App Privacy and Security
A series of workshops is also planned for the Summit:
- Data Breach Notification and EU Privacy Bootcamp
- Piecing Together the Privacy Engineering Puzzle
- Privacy in the Cloud with a Silver Lining
The IAPP is the largest and most comprehensive global information privacy community and resource. Founded in 2000, the IAPP is a not-for-profit organization that helps define, support and improve the privacy profession globally.